The City of Madison's CDA (the city Housing Authority) is opening its waiting list for several public housing complexes starting on May 19.
What this means: Folks who might qualify can file an online "pre-application," which would allow them to wait on the waiting list until there is an opening at the housing location. CDA will allow people to file until "the CDA has sufficient applications to fill vacancies in the next 12-24 months." This means that the pre-application might only be available for a short time, so if you want to apply, you should do it as soon as you can.
Which locations will open their waiting list?
- Public Housing family-sized units (2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom units)
- Public Housing 1-bedroom units (disabled or 62 years of age or older)
- Public Housing 1- or 2-bedroom wheelchair-accessible units
- Parkside 1-bedroom units (disabled or 62 years of age or older)
- Parkside 1- or 2-bedroom wheelchair-accessible units
- Karabis 1-, 2- or 3-bedroom wheelchair-accessible units
How do I submit a pre-application? By clicking here: http://www.cityofmadison.com/dpced/housing/applicants/1652/. Make sure you use this new form, not old ones!
What about Section 8? This waiting list is not for a Section 8 voucher. This waiting list is for public housing apartments of various sizes. If you're confused about the difference, click here for an explanation.