The quickest way to get answers to housing counseling questions is almost always by going through our Know Your Rights page.
NOTE: We will be CLOSED for New Years on Friday, December 30 and Monday, January 2.
WINTER WEATHER POLICY: When the Madison Metropolitan Schools are closed for weather, we will be closed. If the schools are on break, we will close for weather when the Madison Metro Buses are not running.
- Rental Rights Questions (Madison): (608) 257-0006 x 3
- Rental Rights Questions (Dane County, outside Madison): (608) 257-0006 x 4
- Rental Rights Questions (Toll-Free, outside of Dane County): (877) 238-RENT (7368)
- UW-Madison Office: (608) 216-2321
- Mediation Services (in Dane County): (608) 257-2799
- En Español: (608) 257-0006 x 1
- Lus Hmoob: (608) 257-0006 x 2
- Administrative/Office Only: (608) 257-0006 x 5 (no rental rights questions will be answered at this phone number)
By Stopping By:
Main Office | Located in the Social Justice Center
Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm (no appointment necessary)
1202 Williamson Street, Suite 102, Madison, WI 53703
Campus Office | Located in the Student Activity Center
Hours vary by semester (no appointment necessary)
333 East Campus Mall, Room 3156 Madison, WI 53703
- Rental Rights Questions
- UW Madison Office
- Housing Mediation Service
- Administrative questions (for non-legal questions regarding seminars, books, donations, upcoming fundraisers, office hours, etc)
- Housing Help Desk (for questions regarding finding housing and eviction prevention funding) (No longer funded as of December 31, 2015)
Main Office: (608) 229-1317