There are so many ways to get involved with the TRC! Also available as a PDF for easy printing.
Here they are:
The Tenant Resource Center has amazing volunteer opportunities! We rely heavily on our volunteers to help our clients, and the TRC is one of the few places where volunteers really get a chance to have meaningful interactions with clients. The main volunteer opportunities are as:
- Housing Counselors: No experience required! We will train you to work directly with clients, answering questions about rental rights and responsibilities. Minimum commitment of 3 hours/week for one year.
- Mediators: Trained professional mediators go to eviction court and help negotiate agreements between tenants and landlords in order to help prevent homelessness in Dane County. Mediators also do some out of court mediation.
- Office/Admin Support: As a small non-profit with limited staff time, we always can use help with the day-to-day office tasks that arise.
- Board of Directors Member: we always need new energy and expertise to guide us as an organization.
Mark Your Calendars:
- Fundraisers! Each year, the Tenant Resource Center hosts a Fall and Spring fundraiser to help support our efforts. These events are always a good chance to connect with other supporters of our programs, find out more about our work, and have a great time. Stay tuned for more information about our upcoming fundraisers!
- Volunteer Training! Throughout the year, the Tenant Resource Center hosts several volunteer trainings that allow interested parties to get the necessary information for our Housing Counseling program. Each training will be a two-day training where all materials and lunch will be provided. For more information, please visit our Volunteer Page.
There are so many ways to donate! As a small non-profit, we apply regularly for grants and special-project funding, but rely on small amounts given by the hard working folks who value our work.
Come join us for a Housing Law Seminar! We give a series of seminars in the spring and fall of each year, where we teach participants about tenant-landlord law. We offer CLE credits for attorneys, and support landlords and service providers as they attempt to understand Wisconsin's rapidly changing housing law.
As part of our Housing Counseling Program, we offer community presentations around Dane County and Wisconsin. Would you like to host a community presentation from one of our staff members? Please contact us!