There are so many ways to get involved with the TRC! Here they are:
The Tenant Resource Center has amazing volunteer opportunities! We rely heavily on our volunteers to help our clients, and the TRC is one of the few places where volunteers really get a chance to have meaningful interactions with clients. The main volunteer opportunities are as:
- Housing Counselors: No experience required! We will train you to work directly with clients, answering questions about rental rights and responsibilities. Minimum commitment of 3 hours/week for one year.
- Mediators: Trained professional mediators go to eviction court and help negotiate agreements between tenants and landlords in order to help prevent homelessness in Dane County. Mediators also do some out of court mediation.
- Office/Admin Support: As a small non-profit with limited staff time, we always can use help with the day-to-day office tasks that arise.
- Board of Directors Member: we always need new energy and expertise to guide us as an organization.
Mark Your Calendars:
- Our annual Iron Chef event will be Friday, April 1, 2016 -- and that's no joke! If you're interested in being a chef or judging for the event, contact Anders at 257-0006 x 5 or by e-mail.
- Volunteer Training! The next two-day volunteer training will be on February 20 & 21, from 10am - 4pm in our main office at 1202 Williamson St., Madison, WI. We will meet from 10am - 4pm and BOTH days (Saturday and Sunday) are required. All materials and lunch are provided. Please register for the training here. For questions, contact Anders.
There are so many ways to donate! As a small non-profit, we apply regularly for grants and special-project funding, but rely on small amounts given by the hard working folks who value our work.
Come join us for a Housing Law Seminar! We give a series of seminars in the spring and fall of each year, where we teach participants about tenant-landlord law. We offer CLE credits for attorneys, and support landlords and service providers as they attempt to understand Wisconsin's rapidly changing housing law.
NOTE: There will be no in-person trainings in spring 2016, only in the fall. However, check back for brand new webinar information!
As part of our Housing Counseling Program, we offer community presentations around Dane County and Wisconsin. Would you like to host a community presentation from one of our staff members? Please contact us!