We help Tenants, Landlords and Service Providers!
The Tenant Resource Center offers information to tenants, landlords and service providers interested in learning more about their rental rights and responsibilities.
HOWEVER! We are no longer funded to help people in Dane County unless you live in the City of Madison OR are a UW-Madison student OR at risk of homelessness or homeless and need services in Spanish or Hmoob.
(Live in Wisconsin, outside Dane County? We can help you too!)
For all others in Dane County, please contact Community Action Coalition of South Central Wisconsin.
Call: (855) 510-2323
More information on navigating their services here.
If you donate $5, we'll give you access to Dane County information on the topics below for one month.
Donate here. (won't be live til mid-January)
- Apartment Safety
- Carpet Cleaning
- Credit Reports
- (Renting with a) Criminal Conviction or Arrest Record
- Debt Collection
- Ending A Lease (subletting, moving out early, death of a tenant, illegal lease clauses)
- Fair Housing Laws
- Landlord Entry
- Landlord Retaliation
- Pets and Service Animals
- Preparing to Rent (choosing where to rent, disclosures)
- Tenant Property / Property Left Behind
- Repairs in Wisconsin (heating, pest infestations, appliances, lawns/grounds, fires and floods)
- Roommates and You
- Security Deposits in Wisconsin