We have a convenient campus location just for UW Madison students!
Walk-In: Student Activity Center, 3rd floor, Room 3156, 333 East Campus Mall
No appointment necessary!
2017 Spring Hours (effective January 18)
- Monday, Thursday 11:30 - 6
- Tuesday, Wednesday 2:30 - 6
Phone: (608) 216-2321
Hmoob: (608) 257-0006 x 2
Español: (608) 257-0006 x 1
For information about presentations to groups of students, contact us at (608) 257-0006 x 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights for student tenants are the same as for other tenants. And in fact, students are a protected class in Madison and discrimination against them is illegal. A full list of rights for tenants in the City of Madison is here. However, here is some information about tenant rights and responsibilities that students find especially helpful:
- Quick and Dirty Guide to Renting in Madison
- Roommates & You
- Repairs in Madison
- Ending Your Lease
- Security Deposits in Madison
- Joint and Several Liability
- Subletting (coming soon!)
- Parking in Madison (coming soon!)
Some forms that we think students will find useful:
- Campus Area Housing
- Tenant Resource Center resources for finding housing
- On campus housing
- Campus safety information
- International Students Services
- Associated Students of Madison (ASM)
- Dean of Students Office and Crisis Loans
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Campus Center
McBurney Disability Resource Center
- McBurney Disability Resource Center page on Housing Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Office of Financial Aid
- Multicultural Resource Center
The Tenant Resource Center has been part of the Madison student community for over 30 years! Please thank ASM for seeing our consistent commitment to supporting students.