The Tenant Resource Center (TRC) is a nonprofit organization committed to housing justice for all. We help tenants, landlords, and service providers to keep people housed because housing is critical to everyone’s health and well-being.
We are looking for a Bilingual (Spanish) Program Administrative Associate who wants to use their experience, knowledge, and passion to help make a difference and be a part of this important work. At TRC, you’ll be joining a diverse team of talented, dedicated advocates for housing justice. Our services are all centered on eviction prevention and stable housing, including housing counseling, housing case management, mediation services, eviction diversion, rental assistance, outreach and education, and housing law seminars. TRC also created and manages an eviction defense program in partnership with local housing attorneys. We offer opportunities for professional growth and a fast-paced environment with complex challenges and a supportive team.
Compensation and Benefits:
TRC pays 100% of the monthly premiums for individual and family health, dental, and vision plans. TRC also pays the monthly premium for a long-term disability plan, and offers additional benefits such as a 401(k) plan, short-term disability, and a flexible spending account. TRC offers 18 days of paid personal time off (PTO) per year as well as 11 paid holidays. At TRC, we believe all individuals should be paid fair wages and have access to affordable healthcare. Our compensation and benefits packages reflect our values.
Bilingual Program Administrative Associates serve an essential role in TRC’s Housing Justice mission by providing compliance, financial management, and other administrative support for our programs to operate effectively. With a deep understanding of TRC’s programs, they assist with grant reporting, documentation, operational support, and other administrative functions.
Position Type: Full-Time (36 hours), with some flexibility in scheduling available between 8:00 am -6:00 pm, Monday - Friday; Non-Exempt
Position Reporting: Finance Manager
Location: In-Office at 1202 Williamson Street, #101, Madison, WI; Remote Eligible
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Program Administrative Associate, you will assist with:
- Providing logistical support for TRC’s programs, including Housing Counseling, Mediation, Case Management, and the Eviction Diversion & Defense Partnership.
- Program functions, including as a back-up, such as housing counseling, outreach, and education as needed.
- Administrative support for finance functions, including payment processing, documentation of expenditures, and other organizational paperwork.
- Administrative support for grant reporting functions.
- Office management and logistical needs of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
You don’t need to have all the preferred qualifications listed below to add value to our team and the work. Our clients have diverse experiences and backgrounds, and so do our employees. Diversity is a strength. If you care about housing justice and meet the minimum qualifications, we encourage you to apply! If a qualification below does not say it is preferred, that means it is required.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including ability to create, track, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage complicated work functions over long periods of time.
- Understanding of nonprofit grant reporting systems, accounting systems, database systems, and/or other relevant systems for nonprofit administration.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to provide accessible, helpful support for staff and clients based on complex reporting and compliance requirements.
- Experience working with database systems, cloud-based systems, and other computer systems, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Lived experiences of housing insecurity or court involved processes, particularly eviction, mediation, or the criminal justice system, preferred.
Essential Skills Required for All TRC Positions:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Alignment with Tenant Resource Center core values and mission, including principles of Housing First, Trauma-Informed Care, and Housing as a Human Right.
- Ability to hold compassion and empathy for all people and desire to provide client-centered care to program participants; requires a high degree of cultural humility.
With or without a reasonable accommodation, a Program Administrative Associate must be able to:
- Work sitting and/or standing for long periods of time in the office and at other locations in the community
- Work in a busy office environment with exposure to loud noises, fluorescent lighting, potential ink fumes, contact with synthetic materials, and air conditioning
- Use a computer for the entire workday
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
TRC employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Under current CDC guidelines, an individual is considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the single-dose vaccine or two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose vaccination. Medical or religious accommodations will be considered consistent with legal requirements.
Click here to apply. If you have trouble accessing this link or need to submit materials in alternative formats, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please contact us at [email protected].
We are committed to fostering and supporting an inclusive environment where all employees feel respected and welcome. TRC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. TRC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.