The Tenant Resource Center (TRC) is a nonprofit organization committed to housing justice for all. We help tenants, landlords, and service providers to keep people housed because housing is critical to everyone’s health and well-being.
We are looking for a Court Services & Eviction Data Lead who wants to use their experience, knowledge, and passion to help make a difference and be a part of this important work. At TRC, you’ll be joining a diverse team of talented, dedicated advocates for housing justice. Our services are all centered on eviction prevention and stable housing, including housing counseling, housing case management, mediation services, eviction diversion, rental assistance, outreach and education, and housing law seminars. TRC also created and manages an eviction defense program in partnership with local housing attorneys. We offer opportunities for professional growth and a fast-paced environment with complex challenges and a supportive team.
Compensation and Benefits:
$41,600 - $60,000/year
TRC pays 100% of the monthly premiums for individual and family health, dental, and vision plans. TRC also pays the monthly premium for a long-term disability plan, and offers additional benefits such as a 401(k) plan, short-term disability, and a flexible spending account. TRC offers 18 days a year of paid personal time off (PTO) as well as paid holidays. At TRC, we believe all individuals should be paid fair wages and have access to affordable healthcare. Our compensation and benefits packages reflect our values.
The Court Services & Eviction Data Lead will be responsible for coordinating staff coverage at eviction court proceedings and overseeing all aspects of TRC’s eviction data collection.
Position Type: Full-Time (36 hours); Non-Exempt
Location: In-Office and Community Locations
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Court Services & Eviction Data Lead, you will:
- Design and implement an effective methodology for collecting and tracking data related to evictions and eviction court proceedings.
- Manage data collection to ensure it is complete and accurate. Develop solutions when inconsistencies, inaccuracies, or problems are discovered.
- Consult with TRC staff to coordinate staff and volunteers to be present at or observing eviction court proceedings.
- Formulate communications and provide reports to colleagues, TRC leadership, community partners, and government agencies regarding eviction data and court services.
- Oversee eviction court proceedings.
- Manage data collection at court if needed.
- Oversee mailings and other outreach and communications with tenants in eviction matters.
- Direct other duties as assigned which may vary based on grant requirements and staffing changes.
You don’t need to have all the preferred qualifications listed below to add value to our team and the work. Our clients have diverse experiences and backgrounds, and so do our employees. Diversity is a strength. If you care about housing justice and meet the minimum qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary education or experience.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Experience managing complex projects.
- Experience with creating and using spreadsheets for data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Ability to create, track, and meet deadlines.
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage complicated work functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with various, diverse populations (such as tenants, landlords, service providers, elected officials, contract managers, judges, attorneys, and court commissioners).
- Experience working with database systems, cloud-based systems, and other computer systems, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle with your own personal insurance when needed to travel to community locations.
- Bi or multilingual, or bicultural skills, preferred.
- Lived experiences of housing insecurity or court involved processes, particularly eviction, mediation, or the criminal justice system, preferred.
Essential Skills Required for All TRC Positions:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Alignment with Tenant Resource Center core values and mission, including principles of Housing First, Trauma-Informed Care, and Housing as a Human Right.
- Ability to hold compassion and empathy for all people and desire to provide client-centered care to program participants; requires a high degree of cultural competency.
With or without a reasonable accommodation, the Court Services & Eviction Data Lead must be able to:
- Work sitting and/or standing for long periods of time in the office and at other locations in the community
- Work in an office environment with exposure to fluorescent lighting, potential ink fumes, contact with synthetic materials, and air conditioning
- Use a computer for the entire workday
- Carry up to 20 pounds, including a laptop, outreach materials, and other items
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
TRC employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Under current CDC guidelines, an individual is considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the single-dose vaccine or two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose vaccination. Medical or religious accommodations will be considered consistent with legal requirements.
Click here to apply. If you have trouble accessing this link or need to submit materials in alternative formats, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please contact us at [email protected].
We are committed to fostering and supporting an inclusive environment where all employees feel respected and welcome. TRC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. TRC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.