The Tenant Resource Center (TRC) is a nonprofit organization committed to housing justice for all. We help tenants, landlords, and service providers to keep people housed because housing is critical to everyone’s health and well-being.
We are looking for an LTE- Website Content Writer who wants to use their experience, knowledge, and passion to help make a difference and be a part of this important work. At TRC, you’ll be joining a diverse team of talented, dedicated advocates for housing justice. Our services are all centered on eviction prevention and stable housing, including housing counseling, housing case management, mediation services, eviction diversion, rental assistance, outreach and education, and housing law seminars. TRC also created and manages an eviction defense program in partnership with local housing attorneys. We offer opportunities for professional growth and a fast-paced environment with complex challenges and a supportive team.
Compensation and Benefits:
The Website Content Writer will help revise the vast content on TRC’s website covering a range of topics about landlord tenant law. The Website Content Writer will update content and completely re-write content so that it is engaging, informative, and accessible.
This is a limited term employment position for 10 weeks during the summer of 2023. We are flexible on the exact start date.
Position Type: Limited Term Employment (10 Weeks), Full-Time (36 hours), some weekends and evenings required; Non-Exempt
Hours: Some flexibility in scheduling available between 8:00-6:00, Monday- Friday
Position Reporting: Executive Director
Location: In-Office and Community Locations; Remote Eligible
Roles and Responsibilities:
As an LTE - Website Content Writer with TRC, you will assist with:
- Editing and revising the “blogs” and information pages on TRC’s website covering a variety of areas of landlord tenant law.
- Writing new website content on landlord tenant law to cover topics that are of current interest to tenants and landlords.
- Providing feedback about how the website content is organized on TRC’s website.
You don’t need to have all the preferred qualifications listed below to add value to our team and the work. Our clients have diverse experiences and backgrounds, and so do our employees. Diversity is a strength. If you care about housing justice and meet the minimum qualifications, we encourage you to apply! If a qualification below does not say it is preferred, that means it is required.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with writing on complicated topics in a way that is engaging, informative, and accessible.
- Ability to work collaboratively and proactively with a team, as well as work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google suite.
- Bi or multilingual, preferred.
- Lived experiences of housing insecurity or court involved processes, particularly eviction, mediation, or the criminal justice system, preferred.
Essential Skills Required for All TRC Positions:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Alignment with Tenant Resource Center core values and mission, including principles of Housing First, Trauma-Informed Care, and Housing as a Human Right.
- Ability to hold compassion and empathy for all people and desire to provide client-centered care to program participants; requires a high degree of cultural humility.
With or without a reasonable accommodation, the LTE – Website Content Writer must be able to:
- Work sitting and/or standing for long periods of time in the office and at other locations in the community.
- Work in an office environment with exposure to fluorescent lighting, potential ink fumes, continuous sounds, contact with synthetic materials, and air conditioning.
- Use a computer for the entire workday.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
TRC employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Under current CDC guidelines, an individual is considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the single-dose vaccine or two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose vaccination. Medical or religious accommodations will be considered consistent with legal requirements.
Click here to apply. If you have trouble accessing this link or need to submit materials in alternative formats, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please contact us at [email protected].
We are committed to fostering and supporting an inclusive environment where all employees feel respected and welcome. TRC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. TRC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.