As of January 1, 2016, the Tenant Resource Center no longer provides services provided through the Housing Help Desk, contact Community Action Coalition of South Central Wisconsin at
Call: (855) 510-2323
More information on navigating their services here.
Housing Resource Lists
- Subsidized and Public Housing
- Moderately Priced Housing List: Section 42 and Other Affordable Housing Programs
- Motels that may be Less Expensive
- Emergency and Temporary Housing Resources for Single Women
- Emergency and Temporary Housing Resources for Single Men
- Emergency and Temporary Housing Resources for Families
Online Apartment Search Websites
Looking for tips for doing a housing search online? Take a look at our Craislist Tips Sheet for more information.
- Affordable Housing On-line (has nationwide section 8 and public housing list information)
- Apartment Finder
- Apartment Guide
- Apartment Showcase
- Campus and Downtown Living
- Campus Area Housing Listing Service
- WIHousingSearch.org, a website funded by Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority, Wisconsin Department of Health Services and Wisconsin Division of Housing. This website is supported by a toll-free, multilingual call center: 1-877-428-8844, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central Time. Free for landlords to list properties, and tenants to search.
Larger Management and Rental Company Websites
* The management companies and complexes designated with a star have some low or moderate income properties. To qualify, applicants will need to provide income documentation for screening, and may possibly face restrictions on student status.