--- A message from the Elvehjem Neighborhood Association ---
As one of Madison's leading neighborhood associations, the ENA is deeply invested in improving and maintaining housing security for the people who buy and rent in our wonderful neighborhood. Especially given the unprecedented economic challenges presented by the COVID-19 epidemic, it is more important than ever to do everything we can to keep our neighbors safely in their homes.
Unfortunately, there are many households and families right here in Elvehjem who are housing-insecure. The Tenant Resource Center has worked tirelessly to try to help these families--but they need our help to continue this work. This is why the Elvehjem Neighborhood Association has officially launched a neighborhood Housing Crisis Fund in cooperation with the Tenant Resource Center. This fund will provide support to individuals and families in Elvehjem who are at risk of losing their housing.
It will be managed and allocated by the Tenant Resource Center to make the maximum impact through uses like rental assistance, utility payments, and rental rights support.
In 2021, we have an ambitious goal for this fund--we'd like to raise $10,000. You can read more and donate directly by clicking below or visiting our website: theENA.org/housing
To kick off the effort, the ENA is making a special offer: The Association will match each donation made, up to a total of $1,000, between now and March 15th.
Interested in finding out more about housing displacement and eviction in Dane County? Click here to read more.
About TRC: The Tenant Resource Center (TRC) is a non-profit membership organization based in Madison and is supported by dedicated volunteers, community advocates, and our neighbors like you. For the past 40+ years, TRC has provided tenants and landlords with information about their rental rights and responsibilities, provided eviction prevention assistance, and helped those who are most vulnerable in our community secure and protect their housing. Last summer, TRC disbursed nearly 10 million dollars of rental assistance - effectively preventing thousands of eviction filings while educating tenants and landlords about their rights and responsibilities.
Your support helps ensure that we have the resources needed to continue our work for Housing Justice in Wisconsin!
Interested in increasing your impact? Please consider making a monthly (or even Bi-Weekly!) donation when filling out the form below!
If you would like to learn more about Housing and Eviction in Dane County, please check out the following reports/articles. You can also find out more by contacting your City of Madison Alder or County Board Supervisor to hear about what housing looks like within your neighborhood.
- Evicted in Dane County, Wisconsin: A Collaborative Examination of the Housing Landscape Sims, J. R., Aley, I., Dundore, L., Laemmli, T., Long, S. Lutz, E., McFerren, R.
- Poverty Fact Sheet: Rental Housing Affordability in Dane County Prepared by Will Maher
- "Is your neighborhood gentrified? Madison report identifies areas of displacement" The Capital Times - Abigail Becker - 8/6/2019
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice City of Madison Community Development Division - 4/22/2019
- Multiple Eviction: An Investigation of Chain Displacement in Dane County Sims, J. Revel, Iverson, Alicia Adelle
- Understanding the Causes of Eviction-Based Urban Displacement: Bringing Critical Urban Theory Back In Sims, J. Revel - Metropolitics.org
- Geography of Opportunity: A Fair Housing Equity Assessment for Wisconsin's Capital Region Capital Area Regional Planning Commission