We have a convenient campus location just for UW Madison students!
Our office is temporarily closed due to safety concerns related to COVID-19, but we are proud to continue to serve UW Madison students. Please call (608) 257-0006 for help. We are returning calls ASAP.
Student Activity Center
333 East Campus Mall, 3rd floor, Room 3156
Hours of Operation
We are currently evaluating plans for our services on campus. At the moment, we do not offer in-person services due to the COVID-19 pandemic. See below for ways to reach us with your questions.
How to Contact Us
Phone: (608) 257-0006
Hmoob: (608) 257-0006 ext 2
Español: (608) 257-0006 ext 1
E-mail: [email protected]
For information about presentations to groups of students, contact us at (608) 257-0006 ext 0 or [email protected].
Your Rental Rights and Responsibilities
Rights for student tenants are the same as for other tenants. And in fact, students are a protected class in Madison and discrimination against them is illegal. A full list of rights for tenants in the City of Madison is here. See below for information about tenant rights and responsibilities that students find especially helpful.
- Quick and Dirty Guide to Renting in Madison
- Roommates & You
- Repairs in Madison
- Ending Your Lease
- About Security Deposits
- Joint and Several Liability
- Parking in Madison
- Campus Area Housing
- Tenant Resource Center resources for finding housing
- On campus housing
- Campus safety information
- International Student Services
- Associated Students of Madison (ASM)
- Dean of Students Office and Crisis Loans
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Campus Center
McBurney Disability Resource Center
- McBurney Disability Resource Center page on Housing Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Office of Financial Aid
- Multicultural Resource Center
The Tenant Resource Center has been part of the Madison student community for over 40 years! Please thank ASM for seeing our consistent commitment to supporting students.